Friday, July 11, 2008

Zambia

So, it has been a while. The last group of mini-missionaries left two weeks ago. I miss them! Megan, come back and live with me again please. It was really hard after they left to go back to living by myself. It got really lonely and sad there for a while. That week there was also no school and no GAMES yet, so I did odd jobs and spent a lot of time in the kitchen and making curtains, but there was a lot of down time with not much to do so I got bored and lonely pretty fast.
There is a new group of mini-missionaries here and they are all really sweet, but it is not the same. They are only here another week and then they go to Livingstone for a few days and then they leave. I will have another week and a half or so by myself and then I believe one girl comes and then I go home August ninth and get home the tenth!
We have been doing GAMES the past few days (games, art, music, enrichment, sports). Wednesday was our first day, and I helped out with outdoor games doing hopscotch and frisbees. Yesterday I was in the games section again, doing musical chairs, moon man, and duck duck goose. Today was awesome because I got to help make fruit-ooos necklaces which I did a lot of prep work for so that was really fun and the kids enjoyed being able to eat their necklaces at snack time.
Well I am just living life here in Zambia and trying to learn as much as I can in my last time here and soak up everything the Lord is trying to teach me.
Go make God famous.

1 comment:

Quinn said...

so good to hear about your life in zambia. i'm sad you're lonely. reading the Bible always helps me get my mind off lonliness. :) the 10th is going to be one exciting day! yay! I bought a shower curtain today for my bathroom at school. im praying for you. every night at 7pm my phone reminds me to pray for you. i love you kido!