Friday, July 25, 2008

What Chanda Did In School

So, interesting day in school. We had a big adventure with little Chanda. We were outside doing 'bowling' on the grass. Emmanuel and Chanda decided to go kick over some of the pins, so they were told to come stand with me on the side. So Emmanuel comes over nicely and holds my hand as told. Chanda, on the other hand, decides to run around and be goofy. So I try to get Chanda to hold my hand, and he takes off running away from me. I figure he will stop soon so I just kind of walk after him. When it becomes clear that he is going to keep on running, I start running after him.
He got about 25 yards when he falls down on his face right as I am about to catch up with him. So I picked him up off the ground and he starts crying and crying. Then he proceeds to start scratching my neck with one hand, and pulling my hair out with the other hand. So I try to hold him in a way that prevents that and take him to Teacher Vicky's room.
I moderately succeed in getting him to Teacher Vicky, and she heard us coming since Chanda is screaming at the top of his lungs. She comes out and meets us at the porch where she tries to take him from me. He grabs at her glasses hanging from her neck and we had to pry him off of her glasses to try to prevent them from breaking. We manage to get him in the classroom and Teacher Vicky takes him to the time out chair. I sit down, exhausted at this point and kind of frazzled. Teacher Vicky comes out and I tell her what happened. I tell her that I do not think he should be at school anymore. She agrees and goes and gets him to come to apologize with me before he goes home. Needless to say, he does not stop crying long enough to apologize to me.
So Teacher Vicky has him by the hand and she starts walking him home. I walk behind her to go back to my class, which is still outside. When Chanda realizes that he is not going back to class, but indeed going home, he releases himself from Teacher Vicky and starts crying even louder. He tries to run away again but we both grab him. Teacher Vicky picks him up and Chanda proceeds to scratch her neck and grab her hair. So she puts him down and we each take one hand and try to get him to walk, which really resulted in us dragging him down the path, which is not wide enough for two adults and one child to walk across. We get about halfway home when trying to get him to walk is no longer an option. Teacher Vicky picks him up and he proceeds to grab at her again. I take one of his hands in each of my hands to try to stop this, which results in Chanda biting my hand. The rest of the way home, Teacher Vicky is holding his body at an awkward angle and I am holding his hands out away from his body to prevent further biting incidents from occurring. This was a moderately successful event.
Nonetheless, we got him home to his momma, where he screamed even more, probably out of fear of getting a spanking. Teacher Vicky tried to explain the situation to Momma Margaret and she took him in with apologies for his behavior, but he was still unable to apologize for himself. I could not help but laugh with Teacher Vicky on the way back to school and the silliness of the situation. Just the day before she commented on how sweet he looked walking home from school. He really is super precious and always smiling, so who knows what happened today.
He proceeded to avoid me later in the dining hall when he saw me which was even funnier for this little three year old to be doing.
Anyways, all is well and I thought the situation was funny, but it was interesting to say the least.
I hope everyone had a slightly less eventful day than that, but really great days for sure.
Peace and love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

heyy sara! sounds like you had a very exciting day. i enjoyed reading today's blog- something you seem to have more of than me is patience. woah child i dont know how i could have been so patient. ohh im not sure how to leave comments so i had to use my aim thing... so its me, courtney draz. miss you tons!