Friday, July 18, 2008

This is for Rachel

Well, today I got up at 4:15 AM. That was pretty early. The group from Kentucky is headed to Livingstone today so they had to get up really early to go catch the bus for that so I woke up with them. I decided not to go back to sleep after they left at 5:30 so that at 7:00 I can go over and help make pancakes for the kid's breakfast. That should be good times making 70 or so pancakes with Kennedy.
I downloaded some David Crowder the other day. Definitely really good.
So I only have three weeks left here which is so crazy. I have been gone for ten weeks! It seems like so much shorter looking back on it. GAMES is officially over and we start school back on Monday. For a while I have been wanting to go home but now that there are only three weeks left, it is kind of real that I do actually leave soon. I can handle three weeks. I have done that before. So hopefully I can enjoy my last weeks here and gather everything the Lord has for me.
Yesterday the teachers had Bible study for the first time in a long time since school is starting again. That was good to get back in the swing of things and get back studying the word with others. We are back in Numbers which is an interesting book. Studying the Old Testament is interesting since I have never really done that before.
Yesterday at GAMES I helped with the obstacle course. That was really fun. First, they crawled under a table, then through a box, then walked over some chairs, then jumped onto a mattress, then had to do a sumersault, then log rolled on the carpet, then got this horse thing and ran with it around another chair, and then went through some tires, then had to pick up eight balloons and put them in a bucket, then crawl under another table, then take a spoon with a ball in it from one chair to the bowl on the other chair, then step through a ladder that was laid on the ground and then finally hit the table to finish. It was pretty awesome and there were no real injuries, praise God.
On Monday we get two new girls in the four year old class at school, Lisa and Gladys! It will be awesome. They are both so sweet. They have been here about six weeks now but have not been to school.
Today, we get two new kids at the village!! Their names are Gershan and Mpallo, but I probably spelled both of those wrong. Anyways, they will probably be starting school in a week or so and that should be great. I can not wait to meet them later.
Yesterday, the other mini-missionaries and I planned this big scavenger hunt that we took all the kids on. We divided them up, and Susan and I took the blue team. It was a lot of fun and at the end the kids all got sweeties (lollipops).
Well, that is all I can come up with now. I will try to be a better blogger, especially for Rachel. Hopefully I will not be too lonely with all of my housemates gone!
I love you all! Peace and love from across the sea.

No comments: